Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ran a pretty good 5K yesterday

For those who don't know me personally, for about the past 2 years, I've been on quite a weight-loss journey. When I started counting back in November of 2009, I was carrying around 320 pounds on my 5' 8" frame. Right now I'm tipping the scales at 158lbs, and I feel great.

I started running about 4 months ago; before that I had to stick to the elliptical trainer, and to walking as my knees couldn't handle running, but once I dropped down to about 175 lbs, I was able to start running...and boy did I run. I almost feel like Forrest Gump - I just ran, and ran, and ran... :-)

Anyway - I'm no elite runner, but I do take pride in the fact that yesterday I ran my second ever organized 5K road race, and I placed 3rd in my age bracket.










It has been quite a journey for me to go from this:
















To This:

No comments:

Post a Comment