I ran into an interesting situation. I noticed that I had to launch Konsole twice to get my fonts to render correctly. The first time I would launch, it would look like this:
I could close and reopen Konsole, and I would then get better rendering such as this:
Thinking this could be a KDE problem since I was running KDE Unstable, I decided to pose my question on the fedora-kde mailing list. Several folks suggested removing the Infinality patches, and pointed out a few problems with them. I did so, and installed
freetype-freeworldfrom RPM Fusion and now, my fonts look (to me) even better than they did with the Infinality patches:
Here is how my fonts are configured within KDE as well:
This also cured the issue I was having specifically with Konsole.