Saturday, September 15, 2012

My first Desktop application.

I decided I’d try my hand at making a desktop (GUI) application.
The application was created in .NET/C# and is a pretty simple calculator I made for my Mom. She is always pulling up a calculator while on the bank website subtracting bills from the current balance. She’ll get about half-way through the list, make a mistake and close the calculator and start again. I appreciate that she does this for me (and helps me save money along the way), so I made her this simple app where she can enter in the current balance in my checking account, subtract the bills and get what’s left returned to her (so I’ll know how much I can put in savings).
Now, this is my very first attempt at GUI programming – since, well playing around with VB6 a long, long time ago, so I’m sure it’s pretty ugly, but I wanted to share.
Here is the basic code that makes it work:


It’s on Github and you can find the sources here: https://github.com/jaysonrowe/BillCalc
It will run on either Windows or Linux with Mono.
**EDIT 09/16/2012**
I updated the Gist with some much improved code :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment