Saturday, May 4, 2013

You have no excuses.

I'm gonna start this by saying if you haven't read this, go read it now. I'll wait until you get back. If you have already read that post you can go ahead and keep reading.

So, back in February, Feb 22 to be exact, I injured myself. I was out of work from then until April 1. I spent most of that time in bed. In pain.

Long story short, the main part of the injury has gone away, but I have been left with Foot Drop due to a hematoma pressing on my sciatic nerve. I hope it is not permanent and use of my foot will come back, but it is an unknown at this time.

It sucks. I mean, it really sucks. But you know what? I haven't let it stop me. I just walked over 5 miles (5.19 to be exact). It took me an hour and forty one minutes. I started getting mad when I was walking. I was mad that I couldn't run. I was mad because I saw other people running. I was wishing, hoping, and would have given anything to be running instead of limping along like I was. My hip started getting sore. I have a weird gate to keep from tripping over my toes now. It sucks. It really sucks. I lie in bed every night and try...try so hard to move my foot, but it just won't move. It makes me mad. It sucks, it really sucks.

But.

I just walked over 5 miles. It took me an hour and forty one minutes to do it, but I walked 5.19 miles to be exact.

I've been to the gym every day for the past two weeks too. I can't run, but I can use the elliptical. I can get on a bike, and I can lift weights (staying light lower-body right now, but I'm lifting!).

It sucks. I can't concentrate on anything. My mind is consumed with the fact that I cannot move my foot.

It sucks.

It really sucks.

But, I can't change it. I can only hope that one day my foot will move again, and I can run. I hope it happens before September so I can run the Darlington Marathon.

It sucks, it really sucks, but I can't change it.

If you think you have an excuse that is keeping you from exercising, I promise you don't. The only think keeping you from exercising is you and unlike me and my foot you can change that. You just have to get up off of your ass and start moving.

One step. Then another. You can do it. You just have to try.

You have no excuse.

Now, get up and go walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment